Security Supervisor – Hoedspruity
A vacancy exists for a Supervisor within the Operations division of GES AFRICA (Pty) Ltd.
Reports to: Security Manager
To oversee all aspects of the project in accordance with contract requirements. This includes direct responsibility for staff supervision, training, incident response, and regular communication with operations leaders and the client.
Main Duties and responsibilities are:
• Supervise and train all project employees to ensure that staff understand their responsibilities and meet job requirements.
• Create monthly Duty Rosters for Security Officials and ensure that employees are onsite and in uniform at the start of each scheduled shift.
• Review and verify incident reports, statements, first and last parades, and the attendance register on a daily basis.
• Maintain operational firearm and ammunition control as well as compliance, including completion of weekly firearm inspections and regular review and verification of the Firearm Control Register.
• Respond to and manage the incident reporting and resolution process for all project related incidents.
• Provide clear and timely communication to the client, employees, and the Security Manager regarding any security related incidents.
• Responsible for the tracking, paperwork, and maintenance of all equipment and vehicles assigned to the project.
• Complete and distribute required monthly and weekly reports prior to the established deadlines.
• Attend to administrative responsibilities, which include compliance with Finance, Human Resources and Operations processes and guidelines. This includes regular reporting via Online Intelligence (CiiMS), BambooHR and platforms that may be implemented in the future.
• Participate in regular meetings as required.
• Grade 12 certificate and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Security management role.
• Experience with Security electronics and surveillance systems.
• Grade B PSIRA registered.
• South African Police Services (SAPS) issued competency certificate for all unit standards based firearms.
• Fire-Fighting and First-Aid certifications.
• Clear criminal and credit record.
• Valid driver’s license.
• High level of attention to detail, organization and accuracy.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Personal skills and competencies
• Able to interact successfully with employees and clients.
• Able to be part of a dynamic team and contribute to the team efforts as the need arises.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient in English and Afrikaans.
• PSIRA Grade A
• Completion of job related management courses and/or training.