Internship Programme at the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa
The Parliament of the Republic of South Africa is inviting applications for its 2017 Internship Programme. The internships are open to graduates and final year students in a National Diploma, Degree, Honours or Masters qualification in any of the fields in the table below. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to gain experience in various business areas within the organisation.
Parliament’s vision is to build an effective People’s Parliament, thereby sourcing talent that can be nurtured, developed and retained to achieve its organizational objective.
To qualify for the internship programme, you must
- Be an unemployed South African graduate;
- Have completed a Masters’ / Honours’ or Degree / National Diploma
Applications are invited from candidates in the following study fields
- Office of the Secretary to Parliament (Reference Number: OSTP) – Masters Degree in Political Science, Policy, Social/Development Studies, International Relations, Sociology
- National Assembly (Reference Number: NA01) – Degree in Law (LLB)
- National Council of Provinces (Reference Number: NCOP01 – Degree in Law (LLB)
- Constitutional and Legal Services (Reference Number: CLS01) – Degree in Law (LLB)
- Parliamentary Democracy Office (Reference Number: PDO11) – Degree/Diploma in Project Management Parliamentary Communication Services (Reference Number: PCS01) – Degree in Journalism, Media Studies, or Public Relations
- Office of the Speaker (Reference Number: OISD11) – Degree in Law (LLB) or Honours in Human/Political Science or Public Administration
- Legislative Sector Support (Reference Number: LSS01) – Degree/Diploma Public Administration or related field
- Institutional Support Services (Reference Number: ISS01) – Degree/Post-graduate Diploma in Curatorship, or Heritage Management with curatorship modules
- Internal Audit (Reference Number: IA01) – Degree/ Diploma in Internal Audit or Degree/Diploma in Information Technology
- Parliamentary Budget Office (Reference Number: PBO11) – Honours/Masters in Public Policy, Public Finance, Accounting, Economics/Development Economics/Econometrics or related field
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
How to apply
Closing date is 22 July 2016 at 16h30. Forward your CV, containing full personal and career details, certified copies of qualifications and ID to GraduateInternship@parliament.gov.za clearly reflecting the reference number and name of the position you are applying for in all communication. Candidates, who do not submit supporting documentation as requested will not be considered. Parliament reserves the right not to make an appointment.
If you do not receive any response within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be with the interviewed candidates.
“Parliamentary services administration promotes and applies the principles of Affirmative action and equal opportunities”