RAMP CONTROLLER : Airlink
Overseeing Wonderbpoom Airport flights in accordance with the flight handling roster as scheduled and administered by the Ramp Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Basic computer literacy is an advantage.
- Must have knowledge of the Phonetic Alphabet.
- Must conform to medical requirements for the issuance of an AVOP.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
- A Code 10 (or higher) Driver’s Licence is an advantage.
- Must be able to maintain communication via a handheld radio.
- Apron and/or aircraft technical experience is an advantage.
- Will attend training as and when required to do so.
- Accountable to ensure all regulatory and standard operating procedures within scope of responsibility are practiced within the context of the job.
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability
- Ensuring that all Airlink ground support vehicles, e.g. ground power units, and are fueled and serviceable.
- Ensuring that water-methanol stocks are replenished and are available for use for the Airlink fleet of Jetstream 41 aircraft.
- Establishing ETAs and ETDs of flights from Flight Dispatch, confirming the serviceability of aircraft and the parking bay allocation.
- Facilitating boarding of flights in accordance with the Green Light policy, i.e. boarding, loading of flight to continue unless otherwise instructed. Should the Red Light instruction be given, boarding and / or loading of the aircraft will be suspended until the Green Light is given.
- Advising all concerned parties to react accordingly when an inbound flight is delayed.
- Ensuring that the aircraft marshaller, passenger busses, catering company, aircraft cleaners, aircraft loading staff and refueled are positioned at the parking bay for aircraft arrivals.
- Confirming that all Airlink ramp support equipment is positioned at the relevant aircraft parking bay in anticipation of a flight arrival, such as the Skycheck baggage trolley(s), aircraft chocks and access stairs.
- Ensuring that all relevant safety requirements with regard to personnel and ground support equipment (GSE) are adhered to within the aircraft manoeuvring area.
- Monitoring the unloading / offloading of all baggage, including the Skycheck hand baggage and the hold baggage.
- Offering assistance to passengers who may require it in the absence of the contracted ground handling company.
- Maintaining effective communication between all support and service providers
- Ensuring all aircraft are loaded in accordance with the Load Instruction Report (LIR), signing the final LIR concurrent with the load distribution and forwarding this to the Captain.
- Ensuring the safety of Airlink passengers, personnel and equipment by complying with Dangerous Goods Regulations and the Airlink Ramp Procedures Manual (GRH Volume A).
- Noting and recording relevant details and reasons for delayed flights Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as
- Laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety
- Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
- Will attend training as and when required.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: KARISKA BROWN
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED: RC -WDB – 0716
APPLICATIONS TO BE FAXED TO: Recruitment2@flyairlink.com
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: FRIDAY, 22 JULY 2016
PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!