General Worker – Facilities Management and Real Estate
Position: General Worker (Level II)
Department: Facilities Management and Real Estate
Division: Metro Parks
Salary : R85 320 – R 93 816 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 8
- Must be able to perform hard manual labour
- Relevant experience
- Responsible for the maintenance, cleaning and safe keeping of equipment
- Load branches, garden refuse, litter and rubble
- Execute instruction with regard to herbicide and pesticide control for the eradication of pests and unwanted vegetation
- Plant trees, dig holes and prune trees and shrubs with manual pruning equipment
- Assist in irrigation, layout and watering of plants
- Cleaning/weeding flowerbeds
- Adhere to safety procedures
Applications must be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Brakpan Civic Centre, Cnr. Elliot & Escombe Streets, Brakpan
- Postal Address: PO Box 15, Brakpan 1540
- Enquiries: 011 999-7785/7771/7840/7845/7743/8170/7789
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.